Path to Shatterdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path to Shatterdown

The Furious Sun ended the reign of Man-As-God.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inRegister

Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]

Go down 
+2
Kurr
Riparian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Riparian
GM
Riparian

Character sheet
Name:: Rip
Classification: caffeinated

Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] Empty
PostSubject: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:04 pm

I WANTED SOMETHING VAGUELY WESTERN, so here we go. THIS IS A MAKE-IT-AS-YOU-GO SETTING. JUST TAKE SOME BASICS AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BS. EVERYONE IS GAME MASTER. Just don't do anything too-too dumb.

ALSO:
--Keep posts short-ish? Focus on moving the plot, that can take skill all its own.
--You can post multiple characters per post, just make sure you COLOR YOUR TEXT.

Landscape: A few river-valleys here and there, with one HUGE river that's basically the heart of civilization. The Rio Real is where everyone wants to be but it can be tough getting there. Outlaying lands include mountain regions, dust flats and clay-based/volcanic-based deserts much like the southwestern US and Italy. OH YEAH, AND SOME TOWNS ARE ENTIRELY UNDERGROUND.

Plant Life: Everything fucking has thorns and spines. But the flowers are MIGHTY pretty c: I dare you to pick some fruit. I dare you.

Animal Life: See Plant life. EVERYTHING IS SPINY well okay not EVERYTHING but it's like the Amazon and Australia had a baby. Also; Raptors(yes. the dinosaur) and Glawackus(lumberjack folklore critter; bear+mountain lion) instead of horses. Retiles everywhere. Huge buzzards. Huge eagles. COYOTES.

People Life: There are all kinds of weird races. Make one up. Throw a clan in there somewhere.

Technology
: HUGE TRAINS. HUGE MECHS. CARRY A WRENCH AS A CUDGEL, I DON'T CARE. Vaguely steampunk, everything is powered on Skyglass, glowing blue obsidian/moonstone-looking stuff.

Currency: Trade, bribe, and ill-begotten goods. IOU's are possible unless the shopkeeper puts a gun to your head and says pay up. Otherwise, silver and copper "Quinchas" are widely accepted currency.

Legends: Cibola, the Cities of Gold, are a rumour still chased by treasure hunters. The Anasazi built huge cities into the sides of cliffs. Once, two men on opposite sides of the Rio Real lead slave rebellions at the exact same time. Various clan stories and legends.

Character Skeleton:

Name:
Alias: (If Applicable)
Appearance: (brief description or picture)
Played by: (your name)

Just post the darn thing.
This adventure starts out in an underground town, a shady one called Chimallo(chih-mai-yo)....

Last edited by CenturioSenex on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://wrathmorphic.tumblr.com
Riparian
GM
Riparian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Characters Therein:

Name: Dallas Renshaw
Occupation: He's a Gleaner... that is to say, he builds, repairs and pilots planes.
Appearance: Straw Blond, tanned, squinty and of average height. Kinda plain-looking. Wears work-clothes and flannel shirts a lot. You might notice his REALLY BLUE eyes if he ever stopped squinting. But he doesn't. So there.
Played by: Dez

Name: Nikki Usher
Alias: Ixchel
One Step Ahead of the Law/General Mechanic
Appearance: Hair is shaved except for one forelock. It's red-brown at the base of the skull and fades up to silver-grey. Her wrists, neck and ankles all have scars, but she keeps them well covered with her work-clothes. Blue-hazel eyes.
Played by: Dez

Name: Ginger Gerome
sometimes carpenter---really just a jobless, vagrant nuisance though.
Appearance:
Practically neon orange hair kept up in messy pigtails, freckles
everywhere, eyes like hellfire. Big violent grin, missing a tooth or
two. Wears a bandanna, heart-shaped sunglasses, and a carpenter's apron
at all times. Also, hello baseball bat. <3
QUICK SKETCH.
Played by: Kurr

Name: Petros Esteban
Alias: Ladrón de Hormiga
boy
Male
Wandering
pickpocket. Will do odd/labor intensive jobs.
Appearance: Short for
someone his age, but very well built. Tanned skin, hair is brown with
blond sun-streaks, feathers and beads here and there, and messily cut as
if done with a dull knife while blindfolded. Eyes are hazel-green and
very expressive. Small nicks, scrapes, and scars can be found from head
to toe.
Played by: Ev

Name: Deuce Thompson
Alias: Daiquiri/Daq
things Mech. Fixes them, pilots them, babies them. Might possibly be a
gun for hire.
Appearance: Built like a squishy faced noodle. Light
brown hair is grown out into a messy braid with multicolored, but
temporary streaks. Blue-violet eyes. Dresses in jumpsuits and overalls.

Name:
Yorrick Northwood
Journalist/Editor.
1/4 "Rion Beast"
Appearance: Average height, average looking. Close
cropped blond hair, aquamarine eyes, sharp facial structure. Arms and
back are slightly muscular due to Rion blood. Loves wearing bandannas
and cowboy boots.

Name: Sparkler Acherage
Alias: n/a
(PSTD:
name it. Legality doesn't matter, she doesn't realise if it is or not
anyway. Her PSTD has her in the eternal mindset of an a 8-year old kid.
Extremely gullible and naive, liable to do anyhting you ask her.
Appearance:
https://2img.net/h/i161.photobucket.com/albums/t240/_Sano--Ryuujin_/sparklerrrrrr-2.png
Also has a bunch of messy scars on her forehead, back, and on her knees
and knuckles.
Played by: Rina

Name: None technically, called Coyote
Alias:
Runt (usually by other coyoties)
human)
circumstance
Appearance: In his regular form,
Coyote is a much smaller than average male coyote with large ears, tan
fur and a white belly. As a human he has a small stature (at 5’4”) but
is generally lanky giving him more the appearance of a scaled down
taller human rather than a short or stout one. He has light tan hair in a
ruffled but short cut style, although it gets a darker red-brown color
near his sideburns and is white near the base of his neck. He has light,
but usually sunburned skin and wide, bright yellow eyes. His canines
are longer and sharper than normal humans, and nails, while not shaped
any differently than humans’, are black and much stronger, so they grow
longer and can be used as claws. In both forms he has a sizable limp in
his left leg, generating from an injured calf and Achilles’ tendon.
Played
by:
Inky! <3

Name: Pandora Haze
Alias: Pandy
helps clean tables at daddy's bar
Appearance: Pandy has strawberry
blonde hair, usually in pigtails, and big bright green eyes. She's
rather short at 5'2" and looks like a barely pubescent teenager of
perhaps 14. She usually wears jean shorts and boots, and loves wearing
an aviator hat outside of work (or at work if her dad's not there to
tell her to take it off).
Played by: Turk

Last edited by CenturioSenex on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Riparian
GM
Riparian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:27 pm

It's always dusty down there. Dusty, dim and stuffy, hot too, if it's crowded enough. The tunnels though, they're a lot cooler than what's built overground, which may account for why it's so damn stuffed.

Bulletin boards hold several notes and various advertisements for employment. The bar might have a few individuals who hold even more information, for a price.

A great place to start off. Or hey, maybe a good place to get robbed. It's like flipping a coin...
Back to top Go down
Kurr
GM
Kurr

Character sheet
Name:: Gale
Classification: kandi metalhead baphomet.

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:40 am

Ginger Gerome unabashedly picks her nose with one of her stubby, boy-like fingers, making a face from her perch on the outside stone ledge of one of the bar windows. All day she'd been sitting there, eying customers as they went in, and trying to judge how drunk they were when they went out. It was a calm day. A boring day. And worst of all, it was a hot and sluggish day. After digging around for a bit, she gives her newly liberated booger a bland look before flicking it away. She snuffles loudly.

"Well, shit---there been nothing worth hittin' nobody 'bout in Chimallo today," she says in her twangy, mid-Western accented voice. The girl frowns, placing her cheap pink plastic sunglasses down over her squinting eyes. "Whasa sheriff to do if she ain't got no injustice to be bringin' to justice? My fists be gettin' lonesome---hi there, ma'am!" she adds, grinning her missing-a-tooth grin to a disturbed-looking bar customer, who after pausing, quickly scuttled on inside. The ginger-haired Ginger snickered.
Back to top Go down
http://gale4z.tumblr.com
Riparian
GM
Riparian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:18 am

From behind the bar, the crowd is always changing even when a few faces return day after day. Dallas Renshaw's been stuck watching that crowd for the past week, making money as a bartender until he could afford to fix his plane out in the hangar and leave this little hellhole behind.

Being a bartender was kinda difficult when you were put in that position for your looks.

To attract women.

Women that you were ever so slightly phobic of.

He sighed and tried to smile as politely as he could to a lady flirting with him, even as he took a step backwards. "I'll come back n' fill it back up when y' need, miss, just give me a holler, okay?"

At the very least there were three feet of oak countertop between him and them. No problems here, no sir. You may even get over your fear at this rate, Dallas!

At the other end of the bar is someone of indeterminate gender, wearing a hood and big work gloves. They never motioned for a drink and seemed to be waiting for someone, so Dallas wasn't too keen on investigating just yet. Best leave it until you have to give it a look, Renshaw...
Back to top Go down
Kurr
GM
Kurr

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm

The orange-haired girl's stomach gave a loud growl, and she hunches her shoulders with a grumble. "DANG IT, m'like eatin' mahself from the inside OUT here!" She sticks her tongue out with a "ptheeehhhh" sound and rolls her eyes back, as if to demonstrate how dead she felt. This gesture of course, did nothing to actually help the situation, so after lying there like that for a moment, she hops to her feet.

Might as well go inside the bar. Maybe she could bum some food off of someone---or steal it. Or beat it from them. Ginger grins, slinging her bat over her thin and bony shoulders before going inside. It was a sluggish day though---maybe she would would attempt niceties before...force-ities.

After all, in Ginger's book, there was always such a thing as a free meal. You just had to know how to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Raccoon Recon

Raccoon Recon

Character sheet
Name:: Pillz
Classification: Asslord

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Squatting atop a roof conveniently adjacent the the town's epicenter of life, the bar, Petros Esteban disapprovingly glares skyward at the cavern community's carved ceiling. Normally, looking up means having to squint and shield your eyes from the harsh Sun.

Not in Chimallo. Sun never comes to visit the underground, and twenty four hours into his own visit, Esteban "The Ant Thief" is discovering just how much he misses the stupid fireball.

Narrowing his green-brown eyes, Este casts a dirty look at the lighting system. How stupid could people be? Why bother going underground, away from the Sun's glow and warmth, if you still had to build a crude parody just to see? Was it even worth the tro--

"Aaaawww, hell."

From street level someone's spotted the round faced young man, and is making it clear to everyone in a mile radius that they are angrily concerned about Esteban and the well being of his neck. Este hisses, clapping calloused hands over his ears before hopping away from his current perch and onto the pseudo-saloon's roof, griping loudly all the while.

"Stoopid fuckin' neighbor hood watch nuts..."
Back to top Go down
http://scribblepillz.tumblr.com
Karina

Karina

Character sheet
Name:: Karina
Classification: Level 3 Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Tunnels, like the ones connecting the underground cities, were the safest route between towns even if they werent the fastest. The mildrew and condensation on a few of the tunnels would make it difficult for the western skink Sparkler rode to travel faster than overground. But still, it was safer. Safer for herself, Taco, and the cargo resting in the saddlebag along the lizard's ribs. And a safer route meant more deliveries made and less...accidents.

The edge of the tunnel came and went over the girls' head, and soon enough she and her lizard steed arrived in the centre of town (or what she assumed was the centre-- the crowd around the small cluster of buildings suggested it as such). She did not even realise it was a bar untill she had tied off the skink outside and had strolled through the entrance, face to face with the colourful crowd inside.

Unhindered by the dubious glances, she lowered the bandana from her face and placed the goggles back on her hat. "G'mornin!" She drawled out happily. "Or a'least, i thin' its th' mornin'..." She scratched her dirty cheek with a small grin. "Any a' y'all know where I c'n find the post sta'shn?"
Back to top Go down
Riparian
GM
Riparian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:14 am

Dallas took a couple of seconds to fill a shotglass for someone before he was able to answer the girl. "I'm pretty sure it's evenin', else I wouldn't be filling so many drinks!" He offers his brightest smile, but keeps a hawk eye on the people around. He may not deal well with women, but god help the man who tries to take advantage of one in his presence. She looks a little young to be entirely safe in a town like this. "Oh, the post? That's a bit far from here... Not too bad but the tunnels can get confusing. Lucky though they set out some blue lights. If you go straight outta' here, take a left and then a second right, you should see 'em. In fact, I'm almost off. I'll take you myself if you'd like...?"

Dallas, you could get yourself in trouble talking to a pretty girl like that, you dumb boy.
Back to top Go down
Karina

Karina

Character sheet
Name:: Karina
Classification: Level 3 Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:09 pm

The girl just beamed, painfully clueless of the intents of the others around her. She walked closer to the bar to talk easier with Dallas, not noticing the trail of glares following her movement. Blue lights! That meant she could actually follow them! And this bartender was being so kind, that hardly ever happened.

"Iff'n ya' don' mind, tha'd be awful 'elpfah Miztah..." She only realised then she did not know the strangers' name, and instead sat down merrily at the end of the bar. "I don' fink i know yer name righ'ly, Sir." She extended a dirty, gloved hand over the edge. "M'names Sparkler."

Her smile was so bright it seemed not to belong on a face so caked in dirt and grime. Below the lip of the serving side of the bar, her legs swung happily back and forth-- like a child would do.
Back to top Go down
InkAbyss

InkAbyss

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:07 pm

A loud shout and commotion suddenly broke out down one of the tunnels. Suddenly, a mass of flailing limbs streaked from behind the corner and into the town as a man awkwardly tried to sprint on both two legs and four legs at once, all while favoring his his left leg. He still managed to be somehow be keeping ahead of the man angrily chasing him waving his gun, attempting to get a bead on the man. The source of conflict was clear, as the short man scrambling away had a chicken, dressed and ready to be cooked, dangling from his mouth. The fleeing man was getting much attention from the townsfolk on the street, mostly due to the fact that he was completely lacking in clothes.

Coyote did not quite understand what was going on. He did not understand how he had gotten underground and he did not understand exactly why it was that he was running away from the man and why he wanted him. Well, he had been chased by plenty of man-things before but this one was awfully persistent. Coyote clumsily slid around a corner in the street, several ladies screeching and parting for him. He saw a figure disappear into an opening, and his mind immediately saw the hiding spot it provided him. He made a sharp turn and leaped.

The completely nude man crashed through the doors to the bar with much gusto and crashing, yellow eyes wide and dead chicken carcass flapping. He fell to the floor into a rough tumble, gawky arms and legs thrashing to right themselves and he finally rolled to a sitting position. Coyote froze, eyes wide as he suddenly realized he was in the midst of more humans then he had probably seen in his life. Chicken dangling, he didn't make a move as the silence went on. Outside a ruckus came and went...
Back to top Go down
turkoizdog

turkoizdog

Character sheet
Name::
Classification:

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Pandy slumped down in her chair. She didn't want to stand up, no sir. But Daddy was actually paying her to do this. All she had to do was clean off the filthy tables and mop the filthy floors and keep the filthy customers happy.

Her filthy rag was filthy and as a group of men left a filthy table, she realized she'd have to clean it off, and make her filthy rag a little more filthy.

Sighing, she stood, raising her posture and walking over to the now empty table. If she was lucky, she'd be able to make her way across the bar without someone slapping her ass. Slapping the rag down onto the table, she began to wipe in circles, grabbing the three mugs by their handles with her free hand.

After finishing cleaning off the table, she walked back over to the mug. Pandy was usually too lazy to dump the mugs and glasses and stuff all the way in the back, so she'd often leave it at the bar for the bartenders to clean up. "Dallas, could yo--" she stopped. Dallas was talking to a girl. A grin spread across her face. Dallas rarely spoke to women. Just this once, she told herself, he was off the hook.
Back to top Go down
http://silencecanbeviolent.wordpress.com
Kurr
GM
Kurr

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Completely bowled over on her stomach, Ginger blinks confusedly into the barroom floor, now of which she was face to face with, quite certain her freckled nose was permanently mashed into the ground. "Whut...wha the..?" She lifts her head a few inches; straight ahead at the bar itself was a.... girl with goggles....two bar workers....and.... Ginger's hellfire eyes flick upwards.

Seated directly on top of her, was a completely naked young man chewing possessively on a chicken.

"SH-SHENANIGANS!!!", she shouted, clearly surprised, flailing her skinny arms wildly. "Dint 'spect dis kinda forwardness, no sir, DON YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT FER A GIRLY YOU SONOVAB---" Ginger reaches for her baseball bat in an attempt to "drive home" her point to the nude stranger, however, it had a rolled a good way out of her reach. She squints after it, wriggling all of her 93 pounds of existence in an attempt to free herself, but to no avail. "WILL'N SOMEBODY GIT THIS CRAZY COOT OFF'A ME!!" she roars in her nasally, high-pitched voice, spewing spittle and pounding her fists on the floor childishly.
Back to top Go down
Riparian
GM
Riparian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Everything he was going to say was rattled absolutely loose from his mind when the naked man bounded right into the bar, and Dallas' first thought made his eyes scan the room for people with knives. That stupid boy was going to get himself stabbed. Streaking AND stealing chickens? Usually you leave the bar and then do things like that, not commit you transgressions and then go to drink.

And there was Ginger. He had seen her around a couple of times, and hiding behind the bar until this little event blew over seemed like a FINE idea to mister Renshaw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]   Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunmetal Atacama [Western Side Ar-Pee]
Page 1 of 1